Are you planning to travel to Hong Kong or maybe be there as a transit passenger? Well, in that case you have to abide certain rules and regulations; discussed below are certain FAQ’s that might prove to be helpful for a traveler. In case, you want to know more, learn about the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong travel restrictions.
- How to access the control and requirement for quarantine?
The rule state that any non-Hong Kong resident trying to enter the country from the outside world will have to undergo mandatory testing and a quarantine of 21 days. The quarantine rules are to be observed and then respective list is to be followed where the stay will have to abide. For residents who’s coming from the Chinese mainland, they have to undergo 14 days of mandatory quarantine and in respective listed hotels.
- Name some regulations that govern gatherings and wearing of masks.
Regarding the gathering and restrictions it’s a mandatory to wear masks in public places. In fact while you are in travelling in public transport, you will be required to wear a mask properly and allowed with maximum of four persons. If you are in parks, then also the same rules apply.
- Mention some regulations on restaurants and bars.
The restaurants provide some dining facilities from 5 am to 10 pm and are allowed maximum 4 people simultaneously. Take away services are allowed throughout the day, so you can sit together with friends any time of the day. In case of catering business, temporary measures are taken.
- What would be the requirements once you are a transit passenger while passing through Hong Kong?
In case you are transiting through Hong Kong, the following conditions has to be maintained.
- The itinerary has to be contained in a single booking.
- The entry requirements of the final destination has to be maintained.
- The baggage will be checked at the final destination.
- The passes has to be booked from the point of origin.
- The connection time between the flights should be maximum 24 hours.
- A nucleic acid test is to be conducted within 72 hours of landing at Hong Kong. The result has to show negative COVID strain. In case the person is delayed due to some unforeseen circumstances, the test has to be repeated again at the destination airport and he has to wait till the result arrives.
What is the significance of keeping International travel restrictions? It’s been observed that travel restrictions are being imposed on a number of countries. Let’s look at the significance while each country would impose their own set of rules.
- While the entire world sees restriction and ban of travel, then the spread of pandemic delays by 3-4 weeks at least.
- Introducing travel restrictions impacts the magnitude of pandemic by typically reducing the rate of attack by 0.02%.
- The seasonal influenza season might be prolonged.
- The pandemic wave may coincide with seasonal influenza wave; this would result in a higher peak in the epidemic rate.
- Strains that have higher transmission capacity would delayed naturally, thereby affecting the cycle and the spread would be delayed. Result is that lesser number of people would be affected.
- When air travel is banned in a country, the delay in spread of infection would also occur 3-4 months later; the existing health system of a country has to bear the pressure when there is influx of patients.
- Only travel restrictions would not prevent the introduction of pandemic into a country.
- This process would give effective time in controlling the spread of disease by giving time to develop a cure, i.e. the vaccine.
- The social and economic impacts would be evaluated a lot.
A lot of many countries including 38 have reported to WHO about the closure of borders to foreign citizen and also quarantine of returning foreigners. But the borders are not really 100% applicable in case of trade and commerce; café being taken so that there are minimum chances of infection and transmission of the disease. Recent developments show that with the advent and administration of vaccines, people show antibodies but at the same time has to abide the restrictions and social distancing rules.